[windows2000] Re: Drive Mapping

  • From: "Jeff Stockard" <JStockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:45:45 -0400

We use Kix.  Here is an example of our logon script.  We keep this in
the NETLOGON share on the server.  Our user profiles are created to
point to this logon script.  People that use OUR System have different
applications but they are still in the same shared folder.  Most of the
other shared folders have different names.  I also included an example
of how to skip part of a drive mapping for people who abuse their group
memberships but still need to be in that group, but not need one of the
drive mappings.
Hope this helps
Jeff
Jesus Loves You

if ingroup("OUR System")
        use t: \\ServerName\SharedFolderName
endif

if ingroup("OUR System North")
        use t: \\ServerName\SharedFolderName
endif

if ingroup("OUR System South")
        use t: \\ServerName\SharedFolderName
endif

if ingroup("The Admins")
        use i: \\ServerName\SharedFolderName With Spaces"
        use j: \\ServerName\SharedFolderName
        use n: \\ServerName\SharedFolderName
endif

IF @USERID =3D "UserWhoDoesNotNeedTheseAPPS"