[windows2000] Demoting a Cluster DC

  • From: "Etts, Russell" <retts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:56:48 -0400

Hi Everyone

I have a W2K cluster server that needs to be rebuilt.  When we initially
built it, we made it Active\Active, a DC and a GC with Exchange 2K.
Since this is unsupported by MS, we have decided to rebuild the server.
However, when I looked in AD Sites and Services, there are connectors
going to our cluster server from all over the world (we have an
organization that spans the globe).

Here are my questions:

1) Should I manually recreate these connectors, or will another DC in my
domain create these connectors automatically?
2) How long before the remote servers realize that the cluster server is
no more?

Thanks everyone in advance for your insight

Russell