[windows2000] Re: BDC not backing up PDC

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:46:33 -0500

If they do not have the DNS service installed, they will contain the info in
the AD, but will not answer queries.

But if the clients are not receiving the address of the second DC as a DNS
server address, then they will never think to ask the second DC for DNS
information.

I guess this is a long way of answering "yes" to your parenthesized question.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.