[windows2000] Re: Anybody there?

  • From: jmeadows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:52:55 +0000

Are you running Office 97? We've had really strange problems with office 97
pro on Win2k machines, making the user a power user seemed to solve it??

Jonathan

             "Chris Berry"
             <compjma@hotmail.
             Sent by:                  windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             windows2000-bounc                                          cc
             e@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [windows2000] Re: Anybody there?
             19/12/2003 02:55

             Please respond to
             windows2000@freel
                 ists.org

>From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net"; <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>hmm Sounds like someone has swapped the executable. Do this. Right click
on
>the file while holding down the shift key.
>Choose open with and other program. In the popup choose other and navigate
>to word. Check the box to always use this program to open and see if that
>fixes it.

No Dice, out of curiousity, what's the shift key supposed to do?  I'm
starting to wonder if it's some kind of wierd registry problem.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates & Coast Business Service

"When your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like
nails." --Mark Twain

Grab our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months @$9.95/month.
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup