Re: configuring pacemaker version 2.1

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:52:16 -0700

Hi Bob, I tried installing pacemaker 2.1 again, and got the same
response, it just kept saying track bar 0 of 0, and the mouse keys
yielded no information, and I couldn't find any sliders under the
configuration screen of four tabs, so, at least from here, unless
somebody knows something I don't, we can't use pacemaker 2.1 with
window-eyes.  There weren't any other track bars that I could see, and
there was no provision that I could see for running the pacemaker
plugin in a separate window, so what you have to do, at least,
according to Dean Martineau's tutorial of several years ago, is to
create a hot key for winamp, then, activate the hot key once you've
adjusted the tempo and pitch and things the way you want, go into
preferences, and turn the pacemaker plugin off from there.  I don't
know why this is, perhaps it might have something to do with the audio
stocker plugin, not sure, but I can only arrow down once in the dsp
plugins list, if I try and arrow down anymore, I get an illegal
operations message, and I wonder what this pitchfork thing is for, with
the audio stocker plug-in, and if I had to, could I remove it, plus
that shoutcast muxer thing as well, and still be able to use the audio
stocker plugin.  When I pressed the letter p, the illegal operations
message started, so I don't know if the audio stocker plugin takes up
resources on a slow machine like mine, or what.  Thanks, and if anybody
using window-eyes can figure out how to use this version of pacemaker,
please let the list know, because, there were no indications of tempo,
pitch, or speed, it just kept saying track bar 0 of 0, no matter how
many times I tabbed.
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:54:38 -0700, Bob Kanish wrote:

Hi Marty.  I don't use Window-eyes, but I can tell you that when you go

into the Pacemaker window, there are three sliders that you can tab
between.  In order, they are tempo, pitch and speed.  You use the left
and
right arrow keys to adjust the sliders, and hitting the home key on any

slider will restore it back to 0%.  It really is a killer plugin that I
was
happy to pay for.
--bob
At 10:04 AM 4/29/2007, you wrote:
>Hi all, I have installed the pacemaker version 2.1, but I can't seem to
>use it with window-eyes, I just get track bar 0 of 0, and there's no
>indication of tempo, pitch, etcetera, and I don't want to have to pay
>for the plug-in until I know I can use it with window-eyes.  I would
>gladly pay for pacemaker, if I knew I could use it, so, if any
>window-eyes users are using pacemaker version 2.1, I'd like to know how
>you're doing it.  I even tried to go in to configuration, and promptly
>got a message that I couldn't configure the plug-in unless I registered
>it, so, if there are any window-eyes users using pacemaker version 2.1,
>please tell me how you did this.
>This, with window-eyes 5.5, windows 98 se, 192 megs of ram, and a 400
>megs processor.  For now, I have deleted the dsp pacemaker.dll file
>from my plug-ins folder, until I know more about how to use it with
>window-eyes.
>
>Marty

>subject line.
>  Archives located at:
>//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly.
>Instead, please contact
>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or