Re: Please help! I installed a player

  • From: "Maheen Wickramasinghe" <maheen.wickramasinghe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 18:17:27 -0500

Thank you Ron. It's fixed now!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Canazzi
  To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:37 PM
  Subject: Re: Please help! I installed a player

  Hi Maheen,

  1.  Run Winamp.
  2.  Press control + P for preferences.
  3.  In the tree view, press the home key to move to the top.
  4.  arrow down twice to file types.
  5.  press the tab key twice to move to the list of file types.
  6.  tab to the select all button and press the space bar.
  7.  back tab to the list of file types.
  8.  arrow down to the file type labeled FLV.
  9  uncheck this file type by pressing the space bar.
  10.  back tab to the close button and press the space bar to close the
preferences.

  Now when you play files like MP3 or WMA, Winamp should load them, but when
you have to play an FLV stream, the FLV player should default to play them.