Re: Mic goes mute when using the line recording plugin for Winamp

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 14:45:35 -0500

Hi. Tried that already, I wonder if it's some kind of weird thing going on between Winamp and his sound card, he's using a realtech card, it says high definition audio and he's using Windows Vista home premium. I don't have Vista so I don't have a system to test this out on. Clearly, something is going wrong between his sound card and Winamp.

I can't figure out what could cause this to happen.

 At 01:34 PM 11/6/2008, you wrote:
Weird, how about trying a full uninstall and reinstall of winamp?
Maybe ther'es something wrong with the  plugin itself?
On Nov 6, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Chris Skarstad wrote:

Arlene, and everyone else, just to clarify.

remember this is a problem where he can't even be heard, it's not an
issue where his mic is quiet. it's completely muted, as in, he can't
be heard at all.  To me this defies logic since in every other
situation a mic can be used, it works just fine and his mic can be
heard perfectly.

Does anyone else have any thoughts here? I've posted this to the pc- audio list as well and have received no responses whatsoever.
I tried very hard to explain the problem but either nobody knows a
sollution or they choose not to answer for whatever reason.
I  just hope I can help this guy, because for a while he was able to
broadcast perfectly, and then just like that, he couldn't and it's
driving us crazy.

Thanks.

At 11:25 PM 11/5/2008, you wrote:
I  wonder  if  someone  sighted  should  go looking  in his
microphone settings? Because  there's  a thing  in that  setting.
You  have to do something  like  Microphone  boost! A sighted
person  has to watch closely. Then  you  might  have to  play
around  with  the  mike  in that area of winamp! Just a thought! I
hope  I explained  it right! This  is almost  hard for  Jaws  to
see it! You can do it. but  it's  tricky. My room mate has this
problem. It's  better  to have a sighted  friend  help you  with
that. It  does  get  frustrating if  you  do this  yourselves.
Chris, Just  ask  your  friend  or whoever  you are  helping  with
this situation  explain  to his  sighted  friend  and  maybe  he
can fiddle  with that  recording  situation! Good  luck!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad" <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx >