[win2kforum] Re: Does ICS/Proxy reveal your internal MAC addresses to your ISP

  • From: "Mordy Gross" <mordygross@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 07:11:10 -0400

The only way he can tell if you are using NAT is by looking at mappings. If
he notices an disproportionate amount of weird sockets being used, he knows
that you are using NAT. Only thing I can think of is telling him that you
use a lot of propriety software that uses their own, random socket
connections for secure communications.