[wiaattorneys] Beware of our list

  • From: "Pomerantz, Jane C. \(GC-LI\)" <jpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:31:24 -0400

A while back I discovered someone sent some of our emails to me which
they found on the internet. I think I just figured out how or why. When
I originally got the below email I did not realize what it was. When
Paul from Mass stopped doing WIA work he converted our list serve which
was through Mass. to freelists.org. Some of you might have figured this
out a while ago but this internet challenged attorney just did. As you
see below this org. does not guarantee confidentiality.

I just called Bob Simoneau to see if NASWA can get us a listserve
through NASWA (but he is out until 6/4/07)  If he cannot do that and/or
until he returns from vacation and our conference I will have my
secretary make a list of all WIA attorneys that I know of with their
email and send it to everyone. I would recommend that if you want to
communicate with the group you use that and NOT this freelist email we
have been using.

JP

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:32 PM
To: jpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Welcome to list 'wiaattorneys'

>> File sent due to actions of administrator paul.o'neill@xxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome to the NASWA listserve for state government attorneys working on
Workforce Investment Act issues.  To facilitate communication about WIA
legal and technology issues among attorneys working on WIA, we will be
using list-serv technology.  You are now a member of the WIA ATTORNEYS
mailing list.

NOTE #1:  To begin sending messages to the list, do NOT reply to this
welcoming message.  Use the list address:

wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTE #2:  This list is maintained for the convenience of attorneys from
the 50 states working on Workforce Investment Act issues.  List activity
may be monitored for appropriateness and content in order to ensure
compliance with freelists' policies.  Further, freelists does not
warrant, either explicitly or implicitly, the confidentiality of any
messages posted to this list.  Confidential material should not be
transmitted through this list.

List operation

automatically forwarded to all members of the list.

When you receive a message from the list, if you want to send a reply to
just the original sender of the email, you can just hit your REPLY key
and your response will go only to the individual that originally sent
out the message.

If you want your comments/response to be received by everyone on the
listserve, you need to hit your REPLY TO ALL key or address a new email
to wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Using either of these methods your
comments will reach everyone currently on the list serve.

For your convenience, the list name will be automatically added to the
Subject: of every message you receive.  This will help people who belong
to multiple lists to identify the messages at a glance in their incoming
mailboxes.  You can also sort these messages easily or use your inbox
assistant to automatically redirect them to a specific folder you create
when they arrive in your inbox.

List administration

operator may add new members.  It also means that only list members may
post messages to the list.  In other words if you are out of the office
and using an email address that is not the one that is on our list, your
email will be rejected.  The list serve
address(wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)only works for members approved by
the list administrator.

Note that if your email address changes in the future, this change will
require administrative action to add the new address as a "new" list
member.

The operator for the WIA Attorneys mailing list is
Paul.O'Neill@xxxxxxxxxxx (Paul O'Neill) and all subscription requests or
removal requests should be addressed to that email address.  You may
also contact him as follows:

Paul T. O'Neill
Chief Legal Counsel
Massachusetts Departments of Labor & Workforce Development
One Ashburton Place, Room 2112
Boston, MA 02108

Tel:  617-727-6573 x 107
Fax:  617-727-1090

If you have an urgent technical issue that needs immediate attention and
you cannot reach the administrator, contact Elisabeth Smith at
617-727-6573 x 104 or the staff at freelists at staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email addresses to remember

wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

      To post messages to the list

Paul.O'Neill@xxxxxxxxxxx

      List operator.  For list subscription requests and/or email
address changes

staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

       List administrator.  For urgent technical questions or problems
when the operator cannot be reached.

Thank you for being a member of the WIA Attorneys listserve.