[webproducers] Re: What do you call a group of [specific] Producers?

  • From: "David Shaw" <david.shaw6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:05:10 -0700

Ok, that makes sense.  Almost to act like an internal agency.  Funny though,
sometimes a change in title can make someone feel more aligned (even if
their duties don't change).  So yeah, maybe it would be good to use Producer
for content related duties, and Tech Producer for technical web type work.
David

On 7/18/07, Canice Lim <canice.lim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I feel strongly that renaming the titles will allow the group to feel
> that they are more aligned with the internet commerce industry, rather
> than a traditional software development company or technology department
> in a financial company. This is important as the culture of the
> organization and the work that we do does differ in these areas. From a
> compensation perspective, it actually allows me to do a better job since
> being a business analyst in the New York market means that the average
> compensation is weighted heavily in the financial industry where the
> compensation packages are just leagues ahead.
>
> Thanks for your inputs - greatly appreciated!
>
> Canice

Be sure to trim your posts and delete personal information (e.g. address and
telephone numbers) if
you do not want them in the public web archive.

webproducers-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (and be sure to reply to the confirmation e-mail)

Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode, unsubscribe) at
http://webproducers.org/join.html