[webproducers] Trends: Websites and paying for online content/memberships

  • From: Andrea Hardison <andreahardison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

I've been discussing this for some time with friends,
etc. and I'd like to know what those within the web
community think.

When will the internet move more towards online users
paying for content/memberships to websites?

I have a project that I am producing now (media and
entertainment). I strongly feel that information is
power and I don't like to just give information for
free. You have sites like Myspace that when used
correctly, is launching the careers of artists, etc.
and I just don't think it should be free. Even if a
small yearly fee of $20.

I think we are some time away from getting patrons
used to paying for a content based website. And when I
say content based...I mean, i.e. paying to have access
to VH1.com.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/

Be sure to trim your posts and delete personal information (e.g. address and
telephone numbers) if
you do not want them in the public web archive.

webproducers-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (and be sure to reply to the confirmation e-mail)

Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode, unsubscribe) at
http://webproducers.org/join.html