[webproducers] Re: Rates/Salary/Compensation

  • From: Grace Yeh <elegraphy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sergei Kachenkov <sergei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:17:49 -0500

Hi Sergei,
Thanks for putting a lot of thoughts on my case. Your email certainly
points out a lot of ways to deal with clients in general. I learned a
lot from this. Yesterday I have asked my professor and she gave me
some advices too.

I already composed an email to ask him for money. (I used some words
you wrote me in the email, hope it's ok!) This time he won't get
anything free from me.

Thanks again for your help. Please find my letter to him at the end
of this email.

Thank you,
Grace
-------------------
XXX,
Where is the money you promised me over and over again? Since October
9th 2006 you posted this project at xxxxxx.edu and looked for a
freelancer, you only paid me $60 for a one month long design project!
That is not enough to cover the time and service I have spent on
creating graphics and a logo for your site. Now the problem here is
not about whether my files are layered. The problem is you didn't pay
me anything before you can rightfully use my work. I own the
copyright for all my creative works, you don't! You cannot modify my
images. You can pay me for usage, but you don't own my works. You
should not using them for more than two month without paying me
anything. You should immediately withdraw all my works from your
circulations. It is a federal offense for copyright infringement.

Ask yourself honestly: have Grace not gave me time for postpone her
payments? Not only you reluctant to pay me anything after Nov. 5th
2006, you even acted like I owe you my works! From now on I don't
want anything to do with you or your organizations, but only deal for
my payments. I urge you to pay me immediately before the due date,
with full payments stated in my invoice, or take out all my works
from your site immediately.

As for your file request; after I have received your full payments on
time, you can request my files for a price. You need to pay $10 per
MB depends on the file size, plus a $100 each time for sending. If
you cannot make my payments on time, or just paid a portion on due
date; after Feb 15th 2007, you can only obtain my files after you
cleared my invoice. No exceptions. Then you need to pay $20 for each
MB depends on file size, plus a $100 for each sending. No
negotiations on my charges.

I only accept your payments from money order or PayPal. Absolutely no
check is acceptable. Clear?
Grace