[webproducers] Re: QuickTime Movie vs. JPG

  • From: "David Kelleher" <davidk-1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:26:44 -0500

One way is to use a table for the banner, and add the jpeg as the background
image for the table.

Then use code that both detects and embeds the quicktime movie in the table.
http://blog.deconcept.com/2005/01/26/web-standards-compliant-javascript-quic
ktime-detect-and-embed/
The quicktime move will appear over the background image.

If Quicktime or Javascript is disabled, it will degrade gracefully and
can still show the table with the background image.

I'm sure there are many other solutions as well, with different tradeoffs.

David K