[webproducers] QuickTime Movie vs. JPG

  • From: Evan Silberman <esilbe1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:00:41 -0500

Hi Folks -
I¹m building a website where the client wants to use a QuickTime movie as
the banner at the top of the web pages. However, if a user doesn¹t have
QuickTime they¹ll be unable to see this very cool graphic. The client also
provided a JPEG of this logo.

Is there some sort of code I can use that says if users has QT serve this
file; If not serve JPEG?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The WPO list is a public discussion forum with a public web archive linked at
www.WebProducers.org.