[wdmaudiodev] Re: Usb Audio Driver

  • From: "Jerry Evans" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:19:41 +0100

Hi DJ

Thanks.

> 1) Not sure what you are after. Being that the driver is KS based, it is
> impossible to get away from the KS style ...

Apologies. I'm not sure of the division of responsibilities here :-))

How about this:

HANDLE handle = OpenFile(\\.\\usbgadget")
WriteFile(...)
OLVERLAPPED ol
ReadFile(...,&ol);

i.e. now the device can be treated as a file and as it will do overlapped IO
might actually be rather efficient. It would certainly *enormously* simplify
non-time critical transfers. This gets well away from the (IMHO) overly
complex filter graph stuff.

> There is the mixer API to address any audio device, though I
> can see where that might fall short for addressing all possible
> properties.

Interesting. Can you elucidate ?

> 2) I will make measurements on the driver and stack once the new driver
> is complete.

Sounds good.

> 3) The USB Audio specification allows for a "SET_MEM" and "GET_MEM"
> request to the device.

In principle it sounds good. What would the API be ? Do I have to go thru
all the Pin stuff ? Could I go a DeviceIOControl(SET_MEM) if you see what I
mean ?