[wdmaudiodev] Re: Exposing a topology to Vista

  • From: Hakon Strande <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:16:33 -0700

For KSNODETYPE is SPEAKERS, we will provide a "Speakers" name for the device
regardless of the friendly name of the bridge pin.  This was decided on provide
a slightly better WYSIWYG experience with legacy drivers on Vista where
friendly names were all over the place with names like "Mixer" due to legacy
fallout from how IHVs had exposed devices in sndvol32 for years vs the new
audio endpoint (peripheral) focused user experience in Vista.

We only do this for the name of the endpoint so maybe you can supply 2 or more
different icons to differentiate between the endpoints?

In W7 we want to get rid of this hardcoded behavior.

Sincerely,

Hakon Strande<mailto:HakonS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> | Windows Sound Team PM | (p)
425.705.0637