[wdmaudiodev] Re: Exposing a topology to Vista

  • From: Hakon Strande <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 16:23:59 -0700

Since I haven't had time to dig into this myself and it is getting
embarrassingly late for a reply to this guy I thought I'd throw it at a DL to
see if I could leech someone else's time on this :)

Comments welcome.

Sincerely,

Hakon Strande | Windows Sound Team PM | (p) 425.705.0637

From: Hakon Strande <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:47:53 -0700

I would like to ask the community to please use the exact ksnodetype that

matches the device you are connecting to Windows. These form factor hints

are used by the system for policy decisions. If the logical device is a pair

of headphones then please use the KSNODETYPE that matches that form factor

device (in that case KSNODETYPE_HEADPHONES)

You can read more about how device topology works in Windows Vista here:

http://ampalliance.org/files/folders/summit_decks/entry53.aspx

[cid:image001.png@01C882C6.1A0A5780]

[cid:image002.png@01C882C6.1A0A5780]

More info relating to Windows Vista and audio:

http://ampalliance.org/blogs/microsoft/archive/2007/08/14/Microsoft-AMP-Summ

it-Decks.aspx

Sincerely,

Hakon Strande<mailto:HakonS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> | Windows Sound Team PM | (p)