[wdmaudiodev] Fail to capture audio in Vista in

  • From: "Jerry Pan" <jerrypan88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:15:15 +0800

Dear All,

     I have developed one audio driver based on AC97 sample code. It works
fine in Windows XP. However, when I test the same driver in Vista, the audio
capture is not functional for specific case. I use graphedit to test the
audio driver. My driver will appear as an audio capture filter in both
"Audio Capture Sources" and "WDM Streaming Capture Devices" category. The
filter will capture the audio from microphone and output 8K 8bit mono audio
stream. The filter located in "WDM Streaming Capture Devices" works fine in
Vista. But the filter located in "Audio Capture Sources" will run for a
while and stop immediately. Then one error message showed up and said "This
graph can't play. Unspecified error (Return code: 0x80004005)". I compare
the behavior for both filters and find out that the filter in "Audio Capture
Sources" won't get a call GetAllocatorFraming(). I am not sure if it's the
reason but I did get mapping from system and fill the audio data into the
mapping in my interrupt service. However, the Vista just stop the audio even
the first notify is not called yet. I don't know what else I need to take
care. Would you please give me some suggestion? Many thanks!

Best regards

Jerry Pan