[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio devices for terminal servers.

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:29:42 +0000

Why not use the RDP audio redirection that is already supported in Vista?
Unless I misunderstand your question, it essentially gives you what you are
asking for.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation

From: Dennis Scott
<dennis.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dennis.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:01 PM
Subject: Audio devices for terminal servers.
To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello guys,

         Let me say i have 3 audio drivers(audio1, audio2,audio3), and 3 users
(test1, test2, test3) with admin rights, are the following situations be
accomplished in Vista.
1. test1 logs into computer over RDP from an linux machine, can i stream the
audio for this user using audio driver "audio1".
2. test2 logs into computer over RDP from an linux machine, can i stream the
audio for this user using audio driver "audio2".
etc..

i.e: different users over RDP has to be assigned different audio drivers at
login time. If possible please point me in the correct direction.

dennis.scott