[visionrehabtherapist] VRT Assistant Standards

  • From: Maduffy@xxxxxxx
  • To: visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:40:58 EDT

Hello  Everyone:
This is Maureen Duffy,  CVRT and Barbara Hunt, CVRT, members of the Board of
Directors of  ACVREP. We’re writing to you because the recent discussions
about  certification standards have revived an entirely new discussion about
the
long-dormant VRT Assistant/Paraprofessional issue. It's interesting how the
scenario is rising once again.
This issue is beyond Barb’s and  my responsibilities and duties as ACVREP
Board members, but we think it might be  helpful to stimulate discussion in the
profession as we face future realities.  Many of you have mentioned VRT
Assistant standards in your replies to us, both  on and off the Listserv, which
indicates that this may be a timely discussion to  reopen.
I'm attaching the VRT  Assistant standards, which were written *and approved
by the membership* with a  formal mail ballot during Maureen’s tenure as Chair
of the AER VRT Division. If  you take a look at the attached standards,
you'll see the official dates of  membership and AER Board approval.
Your comments are  welcome.
Best  regards,
Maureen A. Duffy,  CVRT
Editorial Director
AWARE (Associates for World Action in  Rehabilitation & Education)
Phone: 914-528-5120
E-mail:  maureen.duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are you aware of our web site?
_www.visionaware.org_ (http://www.visionaware.org/)