[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Internet Service Resources

  • From: Patty Arnold- Rutkoff <parnold@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: aer vision rehab therapist listserve <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 07:47:56 -0700

Also some companies give student discounts, or senior citizen discounts. I called one company and told them my computer student needed internet and got the reduced rate. In addition often if the person is able to pay for an entire 6 months at once they can get a discount. i realize though that some can't come up with that much money at once. In addition some agencies that volunteer to teach people computers have access to free or reduced price internet. That may be just dial up though, not sure.

Patty Arnold

On Apr 1, 2009, at 1:33 AM, Lori wrote:

Hi,

Various company may offer reduced rates based on income. For instance, Embarq has their LifeLine/Link-up program which has discounts on telephone and internet in some areas.

Comcast also has offered reduced rates for individuals on SSI.

Lori