[visionrehabtherapist] Re: VRT Assistant Standards

  • From: "Jennifer Throop" <jennifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Maduffy@xxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:40:02 -0400

Hello Maureen and Barbara,
I love the idea of RTAs.  I think it should be an area of certification on
its own.  I just briefly looked at the standards document and I think the
requirement should be a bachelors degree not just a high school diploma.
When I have more time I'll read it in its entirety and send you any other
thoughts.

Jennifer Throop, M.S. CVRT
Director of Services
Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
Greater Wilkes-Barre Association for the Blind
1825 Wyoming Avenue
Exeter, PA 18643
Phone: 570.693.3555
Fax: 570.693.1307
Toll Free: 1.877.693.3555
www.wilkesbarreblind.com

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long
at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
~ Helen Keller
  _____