[visionrehabtherapist] Autism and blindness

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:05:34 -0400

Hi everyone,

Has anyone worked with any children who are moderate to severe autistic as well
as having light perception.  I have a ten year old who is autistic had a TSS
received intensive schooling and training year round and is generally a good
kid.

His parents aren't quite sure what the Rt can do for their child and I am
racking my brain for thoughts and ideas.

We settled on time, a clock, and keychain clock, and making his bed, and
posiblity assisting with other chores.  they also want a programmable cue
system, for example if he wakes up early it might remind him to go back to bed,
but I don't know of such a thing.

Does anyone have any ideas or good resources?

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but a dog is mine.