[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Adjustment To Blindness Question

  • From: Caitlin Snyder <caitlin1snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jcarey@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 00:44:23 -0400

From what I remember of my grad school days, it was traditionally
thought the consumer had to adjust or accept his/her vision loss
ultimately to flourish and benefit from rehab services.  That was the
goal.  There's another line of thinking that says that adjustment and
acceptance is an ongoing process.  I've seen a couple successful cases
where the consumer was in the latter frame of mind.  I'm also of the
opinion that residential settings can be very positive, especially for
those who have never been around others with vision loss.

Caitlin Snyder, CVRt

Administrator e-mail: dietz1112@xxxxxxxxx