[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Adjustment To Blindness Question

  • From: Jim Carey <jcarey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "susanmarie9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <susanmarie9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:03:55 +0000

Often a difficult process for people who are newly blind.   At World Services
for the Blind we have two Licensed Professional Counselors on staff to help
with the process.  For people from more rural areas that have never met or
known a person with a person who is visually impaired being in a residential
setting with many other person's with various degrees of vision loss often
seems to help with the process.  Occasionally the experience is overwhelming
and they choose to leave in a very short time.

Jim Carey COMS
Director of Client Services
World Services for the Blind
2811 Fair Park Blvd.
Little Rock, AR 72204
(501) 664-7100 ext. 243
www.wsblind.org

The Mission of World Services for the Blind is empowering blind or visually
impaired adults in the United States and around the World to achieve
Sustainable Independence.