[visionegg] (no subject)

  • From: Maja K <maja_ka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 09:37:23 -0500

Dear All,

I have a big problem with speed efficiency. I must display the dots on the
screen. However, monitor is 170Hz, and the best I can get, according to
VisionEgg is 160 frames per second. I changed the DotArea2D function to have as
few computation as possible, but I am still getting stuck on the following:

    for i in xrange(len(xs)):

especially when the dot arrays are big it takes long time for the frame to be
drawn. Is there a way I could somehow speed it up? As the dots I am displaying
do not move I thought I could have the frame somehow always drawn in the back
buffer and then just show it or not, is it possible??

I will appreciate any help,
thanks a lot,