[visionegg]

  • From: "Dave Bissig" <dbissig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:04:57 -0500

Hi,

I haven't been able to get VisionEgg to work.

It doesn't seem to be a simple installation problem...
(About a year ago, I got everything to work on a couple of computers
following your download/install instrux).
here's the output from check-config.py:
###################################
Version checklist:

Python version 2.4.4 <OK>
extra Python info: <#71, Oct 18, 2006, 08:34:43> [MSC v.1310 32 bit <Intel>]
Numeric version 24.2 <OK>
PyOpenGL <package "OpenGL"> version 2.0.2.01 <OK>
pygame version 1.7.1release <OK>
Python Imaging Library <package "image"> version 1.1.6 <OK>

Optional module<s>:
Pyro failed
winioport failed
###################################

So, suppose I try to run display_dc_restoration.py.
It doesn't work, and I get the following error message:

###################################
trying to initialize fullscreen 640 x 480, 32 bpp
No handlers could be found for logger "VisionEgg.Core"
Fatal Python error: <pygame parachute> Segmentation Fault

way.
###################################

If I try to tun e.g. grating.py, the Vision Egg - Graphics configuation
window comes up,
and upon hitting ok (after either leaving the default values everywhere, or
playing with those a bit),
the program closes, leaving the error message:

###################################
Fatal Python error: <pygame parachute> Segmentation Fault

way.
###################################

(flames_pygame.py works fine, btw).

I've gotten the same type of error, even after trying a fresh
download/install on a different computer,
and trying older and newer versions of everything.
...kind of baffling, since I have working copies sitting around on other
PCs.

Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

PS

Can you give some more detailed info on how to rig things up for using
py2exe?

-Dave Bissig