[vipaudioaccess] Re: [vipaudioaREX files within Sonar?es

  • From: "Chris" <chris.ankin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:55:54 -0000

Hi All,

Well you know how it is, one thing leads to another when learning the in's
and outs of Cakewalk!

so I bought Zero G's total Rex, and soon discovered that I can't import REX
files via the Audio import funtion in Sonar when running 64-bit.

Ok, plan b, to use RXPlayer.

After some lengthy searching to track down where RXP stored the default
'Smartloops' and 'Loopmaster' RX2 files, I found they were in the C;/Program
Files/Cakewalk/Plugins/RXP/Content folder.

So I dropped in my newly aqquired 5Gb of RX2 files, then load RXP within
Sonar, open the Groove browser and all I see is still the Smartloops and
Loopmasters next of folders.

I tried placing the new files within these, but they still aren't seen,

Does anyone know of a way to refresh the Groove library browser within RXP?

Are there other ways to use RX2 files in Sonar, I'm thinking of getting
Spectresonic RX Stylus, does it run ok on a 64-bit platform given my
assumption that REX files are generally  native to 32-bit?

I've also read that Dropzone can load REX files, however I'm finding that
the HSC set for that isn't working as expected.... ie not at all!

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

- To post to the mailing list, simply send email to
vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

- To subscribe to the list, send an email to
vipaudioaccess-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

- To unsubscribe from the list, send an email to
vipaudioaccess-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- For more list options, like setting digest and vacation modes, visit
//www.freelists.org/list/vipaudioaccess

//www.freelists.org/archive/vipaudioaccess