[vipaudioaccess] Re: Melodyne Scale Editor

  • From: Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 22:32:26 +0100

dear Steve,
Wow! That was quick.
Thanks a lot and I will try this as soon as I can.
Best,
JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 20/03/2015 22:15, Steve S a écrit :
Hi folks. I thought I'd post this here, as it may be useful for others who want to configure scales in the scale editor of melodyne. it's the procedure to select different scales for Melodyne to snap to. Best steve.

1. In the scale editor press control+alt+6 to open the "open scale" page.

2. Now arrow down to your choice and press enter. The selected scale will play. Ignore what key it is playing the audition in (e.g, C), as you will change this in the next steps.

3. Now press control+alt+9for the OK button and double press control+alt+9 again to confirm.

4. Press control+alt+S for the tonic and variety menu. Arrow down to the key of your choice and press enter to select.

5. This opens a menu. Pressing control+alt+1 or control+alt+2 will place you on either the major or minor of that selected key, but as you have previously selected another scale (from the Open Scale Menu), this will be now available as a choice with control+alt+grov (`), as this keystroke is there to give access to any further options. Left click to select.

6. If you want to audition this new scale, press control+alt+8 and left click "Play scale".

Remember, most of the keystrokes in the scale editor are just positioning you on menu items and the set will inform you of what you need to do, e.g, left click etc.