[vip_students] Re: "read-editt"

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:28:30 +0100

Hi Tony,

The thing is, you're not supposed to type in there, thus the 'read-only edit' meaning that the selection from which you must choose is already listed there. Then there are the .. buttons. they seem to move backwards (I think, so there is a date from list and a date to list. JAWS doesn't read this side of the page consistently, so it's awkward. Maybe there's some funky javascript or automatic page refreshing (which we're not told about) going on with it. It's a bit non-standard, putting it kindly. Fortunately, this page is not typical of most searchable pages we might normally use. A simple search (i..e, from one date to another, and within a town) might work. I tried one, but was 'thrown out' more or less, and got 0 results where I know there should have been one. Rip into whoever it was that recommended you this site!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>