  From: Flor Lynch
  To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:28 PM
  Subject: [vip_students] Re: "read-editt"

  Hi Tony,

  The thing is, you're not supposed to type in there, thus the 'read-only
  edit' meaning that the selection from which you must choose is already
  listed there.  Then there are the .. buttons.  they seem to move
  backwards (I think, so there is a date from list and a date to list.
  JAWS doesn't read this side of the page consistently, so it's awkward.
  Maybe there's some funky javascript or automatic page refreshing (which
  we're not told about) going on with it.  It's a bit non-standard,
  putting it kindly.  Fortunately, this page is not typical of most
  searchable pages we might normally use.  A simple search (i..e, from one
  date to another, and within a town) might work.  I tried one, but was
  'thrown out' more or less, and got 0 results where I know there should
  have been one.  Rip into whoever it was that recommended you this site!