[vip_students] Using Spss with jaws 8

  • From: Mairead O Mahony <maireadomahony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:43:24 +0100

Hi all
Recently I installed Spss version 17 on my laptop as I will be using
it as part of my college course in September.  The technitions also
installed scripts to make it work better with jaws.  The college
arranged for me to get tuition in this subject a few weeks ago so that
I could figure out how accessible the programme is with jaws.

When I went to use the programme a lot of the jaws shortcut keys I got
only read some of the information jaws was ment to read and didn’t
call out a lot of options in the menus.  I was also unable to preview
any information I had written in to it.  I was in the right place to
preview but jaws wasn’t reading anything.

The technitions in the college realised that I had given them scripts
for versions 10 and 11 of spss and this is probably why it isn’t
working with jaws.  I don’t think I would get away with using version
10 or 11 of spss in the college as there is probably a big difference
between these and version 17.  I emailed freedom scientific to see if
they have any newer scripts for newer versions of spss and am waiting
to hear back from them.

I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know if they have ever
used spss 17 with jaws 8 and if so how accessible was it and what
scripts did you use?

Thanks in advance
Mairead