[vip_students] new anti virous

  • From: "JackieMcBrearty" <teambanglesltd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 01:03:12 +0100

Hey All

Have just got the I think its called windows essentials put onto my laptop, Its
the windows anti virus  and as I've never used this product just one or two
questions.

1. How accessible  is it to use IE in running scans, I can't seem to find it on
my laptop.
2. I'm not sure on does it automatically update or is there going to be
clicking on my part. I do not have automatic updates on as this messed up  my
computer before. At the moment my laptop asks do I want to download the latest
Java or adobe, I can never find the box to click no  so it never goes away.
There would be allot of tabbing and shift tabbing and usually this download
appears  when I'm   in the middle of emailing or writing a document, so
incredibly difficult to get near it.
3. what sign do I get that my system is safe. I liked the way that my previous
anti virus which was Avast  told me it was updated.

4. How safe is it. I've always been either a Norton, AVG or avast and no
nothing about this programme so very wary on using it.

hope someone can answer my  questions

Thanks in Advance
Jackie a tad confused and also sleepy.