[vip_students] Re: K1000

  • From: "\(NCBI\) Paul Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:20:45 +0100

Hi Eleanor,

I found this on a web site, maybe worth a try.

1722 is an error from Install Shield, a third-party installation technology.
It means that some custom action failed during installation. Usually custom
actions are used to run external software, such as regsvr32.exe to register
something.

The thread on MyDigitalLife indicates that this has to do with a corrupted
registry entry. It basically shows that, for some reason, the path in the
registry to where the device driver information files are located has been
corrupted. Thus, your first step in trouble-shooting should be to validate
that path:

Elevate a command prompt by right-clicking the Command Prompt in Start:All
Programs:Accessories and selecting Run as administrator, if you're using
windows 7. If using windows XP, go to start and run and type in Regedit.
If you have a 32-bit system which I am guessing you have Eleanor, navigate
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.
Set the "DevicePath" value to "%SystemRoot%\Inf" (without the quotes).
If this does not help there could be other things wrong, but at least this
seems to have helped several people.