[vip_students] K1000

Hi All
I am trying to install this programme on a Samsung NC10 netbook with 2GB RAM.
It is running Windows Home.  I am unable to install.  It gets to the final
stage almost 99% and then it throws up an error, Windows Installer is unable to
complete the installation error 17 22.  Have used the CD on another PC so know
the CD is not faulty.  Been in touch with Sight & Sound who are the suppliers
in the UK.  Various updates were attempted, e.g. installed a more recent
Windows installer, cleaned up the netbook that that it needed much cleaning up
but went through the process with Malbites, anti-virus scan, disk clean etc.
Looked on the web to see what this error was all about and have done everything
it suggests.  No luck.  Now some of you will have noted, I talked in terms of a
netbook and we all know netbooks do not have a CD-ROM drive.  I used an
external one.  Sight and Sound Tech Support then copied over the CD to the hard
drive and we tried again.  Still the same error.  Now Sight and Sound are
asking the manufacturers of the product but I have not heard back and it is
about 2 days since we discovered this error.  Doubtless I will in time but I am
wondering if any of you have knowledge of or experienced such an error and how
you resolved it.  Many thanks.

Eleanor