[vicsireland] Re: sending text messages from pc.

  • From: "Martin Fleming" <martinfleming01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:18:37 +0100

Hi Damien,

There are specific web text services that you can use but in general it's
probably easier to do it through your mobile provider if it is only going to
be the odd text message.  Many of the other services are designed for bulk
texting for business, although there are the odd one that will do some
individual texting.  I use to use an online service back at the start to
middle of the 2000s who were based in the UK but I can't recall their name
right now and when I googled to see if I could find them they didn't come
up, as I would know the name if I saw it.  I did google this for you too and
some of the results are below from the first page just in case you want to
take a further look at what's out there.  I have used the O2 facility but
since I've swapped to Vodafone I've not use their one yet.

Search term:  "web text",sending,uk

Ads related
Web Text - Ireland - Send & Receive Texts Over The Web
www.esendex.ie/
Fast, Reliable Service, Free Trial
Send SMS From The WebSend Bulk SMS Over The Internet
Brand SMS With Sender IDUse SMS Short Codes For Marketing

Online Text Messaging - Send Texts By Email or Web Browser
www.totext.net/online
Free Trial. No Software To Install.
Free Trial - Our Prices - Our Services - Our Products

How To Send Texts - Send & Receive SMS Messages Online
www.clickatell.com/
Secure 2-Way Messaging. Join Us!
See our available API's & Scripts - Sign up for an Account - Get in Contact

Search Results
webtext Business Messaging | SMS Gateway Service
www.webtext.com/
Tel: (IRL) 01 2479000 Tel: (UK) 0203 3285053 ... Create groups to target
your messaging more effectively; Send group texts in seconds; Purge inactive
contacts ...

Send, Receive & Forward Text messages to your computer. Text ...
www.text-connect.co.uk/
Forward text messages to email & mobile phones. web text messaging API
(Application ... Fast, resilient & reliable text messaging routed by UK
networks. Send ...

Sending a "WEB"Text - The giffgaff community
community.giffgaff.com › Contribute
Sending a "WEB"Text - Texting through My GiffGaff no matter where you are...
Options ... rate T-Mobile on a higher rank in terms of network availability
in UK.

Webtext - O2 Community
Try logging in first then clicking my O2, send web text. The site I get
taken to is http://sendtxt.o2.co.uk/sendtxt/
and it is functional. SuperUser to Apprentice. You're ...

Free Web Text: Because Text Messaging Should Always Be Free
www.freewebtext.com/
Always Free Text Messaging From FreeWebText.com. Free Web Text offers free
text messaging, with replies, in just a few easy steps. Send free text
messages to ...

Send SMS messages via the Web | Mobile | Geek.com
www.geek.com/mobile/send-sms-messages-via-the-web-565457/
If you want to send bulk SMS throught the internet you have to sign up with
a Mobile Phone Carrier they will hit you for UK 2500 setup for SMPP Short
Message ...

Ads related to "web text",sending,uk
Online Text Service - Easy to use and no set up fees
www.textlocal.ie/Send+A+Text
Free Trial. Quick and easy set up.
Send SMS Online - Receive SMS Online - Award Winning Service

I hope this helps and you get the facility that is best for you.

Kind regards

Martin