[vicsireland] Re: information

  • From: NicholasKealy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 11:55:18 +0000

Paul, the little I know about this I will tell you.  I would suspect that
the PDF was an image.  Therefore jaws can not read it.  I am possibly
having to purchase the same software for my work also to deal with this
problem.  Its all to do with optacle character recognition or OCR.  Now,
others will be able to explain to you in more detail about this but just
thought I would chime in here and say you are not alone.  Now, that's my
useless bit of information for this morning.

Cheers, Nicky.

Nicholas Kealy
Information Services
National Employment Rights Authority