[vicsireland] a quick android related question.

  • From: Maria <maria.pileidi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vics <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 14:36:35 +0100

Hi folks.

I have a quick question for yous.

God willing, I'm planning to purchase a Samsung trend 2 lite phone from a store on Grafton street. I'm just wandering, do I need to ask someone to print off my google password so that the lads in the shop could re sink my new phone to my google account? I remember giving that info to my brother last January when he sinked my existing handset to my google account. I'm just not sure how it works for subsequent handsets if you want to re sink your new phone to your google account second time around? do you need to provide your google account info every time you purchase a new handset?

I was informed by the lads in the shop that they'll help me transfer my contacts and calendar once I have my contacts backed up onto my sim and calendar backed up onto a memory card. I've already asked Karen, a very technology savi lady in my building to help me back up my contacts and calendar, but it just hit me that I forgot to ask the shop about re sinking my new phone to my existing google account. If the lads need my password etc., then I'll need to make sure I have it ready on a peace of paper for them by this Friday, but if the re sinking happens automatically, then I won't need to trouble anyone about printing out that info.

I do hope I'm making sense.

Please let me know if yous have further questions and I'll try and explain better.

Thanks a million in advance.

All the best and God bless.

Maria.