[vicsireland] Problems with my vicsireland account.

  • From: "maria" <maria.pileidi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vics" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 16:30:06 -0000

Hello everyone.

 For all of you, who don't know me, my name is Maria.

I'm afraid, my bad health has got the better of me lately, that's why I have
been out of touch with VICS for so long and I apologize for that.

If you aren't too mat at me, I was wandering if you could possibly assist me
with this following problem I'm having with my vicsireland account?

you see, last week, I got a new laptop from the NCBI, for which I'm extremely
grateful to them! At first I was able to access both my email accounts on it,
but then I had to go and do something stupid! I installed spam pal, since my
usual mail washer would not work properly without scripts and since jfwlite
shut down a few days earlier, I had no idea, where the scripts for various
programs go to in jaws 10, So, since I'm not the most patient of persons,
instead of waiting for my friend's email about the scripts, I decided to
install the alternative anti spam  program suggested on the jaws-users.com
website.

So I installed  spam pal   and configured it to work   on my vicsireland
account only, but then it wouldn't connect to vicsireland at all. I kept
getting the message that there is no such host as vicsireland.

I then uninstalled the software, but the problem persists to this day. I'm
afraid, I can't find a system restore point for that date, when I first
installed spam pal which was November the 29th. My system restore points begin
from December the second only. Eircom technical support also were unable to
help, but I do not blame them.

I did however find the backup settings for both my email accounts in a file
with an extension .iaf, but I'm unable to open it in order to restore my
vicsireland settings. I downloaded and installed Microsoft live reader as was
suggested on the web, but I'm afraid, I'm still unable to open the file.

Is there any other software on the web that I can download and install which
would help me restore my vicsireland settings back to normal?

Would you have any other suggestions? any would be most welcome and appreciated.

At the moment I'm using windows xp and NVDA 2011.3. My jaws 10 is out of order
as well which is also my fault.

Any suggestions about my email  would be most welcome and appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

All the best,

Maria.