[vicsireland] Re: Irish and Jaws

  • From: Ronan McGuirk <ronan.p.mcguirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:03:49 +0100

Hi all,

I must be lucky with my JAWS and word because this seems to work with
the right alt and a e i o  and u to create the sine fada signs. I
think it is worth turning off shortcut keys that confuse this.

By the way, NVDA and eSpeak also works fine with Irish accent signs
with the right alt key to generate  áéíóand ú when typing in English.

The real solution for editing in Irish is to have an Irish synthesiser
that works with a screen reader.

We have a working prototype of an Irish implementation of eSpeak that
works with NVDA. Hopefully this will be productionised in the not too
distant future.
Ronan