(VICT) Re: Help with this step on retrieve

  • From: care4k9@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 02:00:04 +0000

    Hi Karyn,

      Let me see if I understand you correctly, you are saying that when you
take your hand off the object Thane is holding, it becomes a toy and he gets
all silly with it?

      I qickly read Paul White's repsonse on the CO Assist Dog list. He is
right that you need to break down the behavior you want. Be a splitter, not a
lumper, BTW came from Bob Bailey.

      How about this, Move your hand on the object, click and treat for not
movement. Open your hand, close it on the object quick. and click and treat for
no movement. THen eventually Open your hand, click for no movement. Evnetually
you are going to extend this duration that he knows he can not act goofy. If he
does start to play with the object then you have to go back to less time your
hand is off the object. Build time slowly.

Christy

--
Christy Hill
A'Mickey