(VICT) Re: Heeling

  • From: "Tamara Smith-Kinney" <tamara.8024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:29:40 -0800

Thanks!  That does.  And I will look for the article on that list.  I =
was
sort of poking fun at myself for getting so uptight aobut one behavior =
that
we don't even really need right now. For some reason, it really does bug =
me.
/smile/

I have been doing something like what you suggest to practice heeling in =
the
house or courtyard or even when we go for our potty walk or take out the
trash.  That street is pretty quiet, so I don't worry about car-related
disasters.  I do work on it intermittently at the playground (now swamp)
when there are not too many distractions.  She's learning to manage it =
much
better when I theoretically have her on heel in a store of some such, =
but
she does need frequent reminders not to go off impulse shopping.  =
/smile/
Now if I could teach her to remind me not to do that.  Every now and =
then I
still go nuts about not knowing what stuff *is* and have a heck of a =
time
keeping myself from pawing everything I can get my hands on.  At least I
know where Mitsy gets it, eh?

The echo-location device sounds way cool.  Who needs instructions, =
anyway?
/smile/  Does it vibrate in your hand to alert you to objects, or how =
does
that work?

Tami Smith-Kinney