[vi-android] Re: can I store downloaded music on my tablet?

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:26:23 +1100

Hi George,

If you're looking to buy one, try and get one which states that it works
with Android on the box and theoretically it should be fine.

I bought just a cheap keyboard from the supermarket and it works fine.  I
tried my wife's (knock off) Apple one which she uses on her iPhone, and I
couldn't get it to work (it seemed to pair but when I pressed keys, all
kinds of random things happened from opening the notification bar to going
into various apps, but not, alas, typing!).

Once you've got your keyboard, you need to turn the keyboard on, turn
bluetooth on in your tablet's settings if it's not already, look for nearby
devices then pair the keyboard - it will ask you type a couple of
characters to make sure it is connecting the right keyboard to the right
device, then you should be right to go.

Re the Bluetooth setting, I'd recommend leaving it off when not in use just
to save a bit of battery.  If your tablet doesn't have a quick toggle for
Bluetooth in the notification bar, I like "Notification Toggle" by J4velin:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.notificationToggle&hl=en-
I actually haven't tried it on a tablet, only a phone (and I don't
have
my tablet with me today to try it) but it works with Talkback and gives you
a row of buttons in your notification bar you can assign to anything you
like.

Regards

Quentin.

JPEG image