[vi-android] Re: can I store downloaded music on my tablet?

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 09:32:30 +1100

Hi Bill,

You're exactly right - by default, when you buy a song from Google Play, it
isn't stored on your device but downloaded when you want to play it.  You
can download music you have bought by doing the following:

To make music available offline from the Google Play Music app (I found
this on https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1250232?hl=en ):

   1. Visit *My Library* or *Playlists* to see your collection of albums,
   artists, songs, or playlists,
   2. Select and view the music that you’d like to save to your device.
   3. Tap the [image: Google Play Pin] grey, angled pin icon to add music
   to your download queue.

I haven't tried so not sure what the pin is called by Talkback, but do let
us know how you get on.

From memory it's similar in Play Books as well - they are not downloaded by
default unless you ask them to be.

Regards