[vi-android] Re: basic questions, getting started

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:18:18 +1000

Hi Aidan,

For the google voices, if you go to:
- Settings on your phone
- choose "Language and Input"
- Scroll down to "Text to speech options" and choose that.
- You are presented with a list of all the text to speech options you
have installed.  The one you have selected is the one Talkback will
use.
- Select Google text to speech.
- To the right of Google text to speech is a settings button, choose that.
- Choose "Install voice data".  Then you can choose the language that
you want (eg English United Kingdom) and from within there you can
download voice data for all the voices available for that voice.  Some
like English US have only a female voice, and others like English UK
have a female voice and a male voice and both available in regular or
high quality (the regular UK voices are 3-5mb, the high quality voices
are 100 - 276 mb).

Regards

Quentin.