[vi-android] Re: Wishing all good luck with their Android journey

  • From: Jessica Arnold <iscahlyn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 04:48:15 -0500

Hello. Having gone through some traumatic list experiences I can
understand Chris's reaction. I don't think his was the issue of
mistaken identity as mine appears to have been. However when one is
hurt by cruel people it can scar one for a long time.
I think part of the problem is email lists get to big. People who
aren't happy or for whatever reason they have or think they have they
lash out. And sadly it is usually the really sensitive people they
lash out at.
The reaction of these people who get these lashings is to unsubscribe
from a list or all lists and usually never subscribe to another list
again. Or if they do they rarely if ever post. Yes for fear of being
attacked again.
If you got this far my name is Jessica. I have used the iphone since
the 3gs came out. I now use the android os quite happily except for a
few things.
My history on lists was ok till I started asking what to some people I
guess seemed stupid questions or something.
It started going down hill from there. Until I got attacked viciously
on and off list with untrue words.
Till this day I do feel violated. Reputation character and just
everything; violated.
For me about a year or so ago. I found out purely by accident some
posts from a person with the same name as I. Also blind and using an
iPhone. Their writing however was harsher than mine. I read a very
unhappy want to lash out at the world type. It hit me then that the
lashing I received might have not been meant for me.
I mean I can hardly believe it. What are the odds that there is
another blind person out there using assistive technology with the
same name as I?
I know Chris's situation is probably not the same as mine. But people
can be very cruel and sometimes it happens because of misunderstanding
and sometimes perhaps mistaken identity issue.
I say to myself man I wonder if this other Jessica Arnold feels as
violated as I do? And maybe that is what keeps me focused.
I do have issues. I am very blunt and to the point and detailed and
long-winded and repetative. Good qualities for tech manuals I suppose.
Not so good for interacting with people.
Chris is not on the list anymore I am sure as I do understand. However
take my story and think about it if you are confused about his strange
behaviour. It isn't strange from his viewpoint. In one way or other he
has been misused/violated/whatever it may be and he just doesn't care
about email lists right now. Yes his message was harsh. But that isn't
surprising if what happened to him is what I think happened.