[vi-android] Voice dialing my contacts

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 15:39:30 -0600

My new phone is an LG 39 c.
Otherwise called Optimus Dynamic II.
It has Android 4.1.
I cannot be sure, but I do not think it can be updated to newer operating system.

I like all of the features new to me, such as using Wi-Fi, and text messaging.
I am still fumbling badly with gestures. But getting a bit better.

So far I cannot find the easiest way to use it to place a call, such as I had with my old LG phone.

My old LG 200c has a thing called Voice Services.
It would record my voice saying the name of the Contacts.
I would save it. And then when I wanted to make a call, I flip open the phone, a voice comes on, says, "Name, please."
I say the name and it says, "Calling."

I hope someone may guide me to this service on this phone.
Or if someone knows of an app to download, that would be great.

I don't yet see where or if a similar thing exists.
Thanks.
Rik