[vi-android] Re: Passwords and keyboard

  • From: "norman's list account" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "norman.list@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:48:44 -0400

Hi.
Having no voice input key seems to be a bug in android 4.4.x
Which phone and keyboard are you using?
As for speak passwords, does it work when using headphones?
Thanks.

Norman.
This is my list account.
If you need to contact me pleas email norbking@xxxxxxxxx
Or call or text 717-516-1135

Norman.

This is my list account.
To reach me Please email: Norbking@xxxxxxxxx
Or call or text: 717-516-1135

On 6/20/2014 10:29 AM, Gil Lutz wrote:
Thanks, Norman,

Yes, I just updated to 4.4.3 and that was what caused the problem. I had show passwords checked before I updated. I'm still wondering why speech typing isn't working. That was working before too. Speech typing is checked in the KB settings but the speech input button is no longer showing up in the Keyboard.

Gil

On 6/19/2014 8:50 PM, Norman's list account (Redacted sender norman.list@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
Hi.
Under accessibility settings there is a check box labeled speak passwords.
Check this and this should fix the keyboard with passwords.
Another option is to use headphones when typing passwords.
As for the voice input key issue, did you just update the phone to 4.4?
I had this problem with the lg keyboard but switching keyboards fixed it.

Hope this helps.

Norman.
This is my list account.
If you need to contact me pleas email norbking@xxxxxxxxx
Or call or text 717-516-1135

Norman.

This is my list account.
To reach me Please email: Norbking@xxxxxxxxx
Or call or text: 717-516-1135

On 6/19/2014 7:29 PM, Gil Lutz wrote:
Hi All,

When trying to type in a password moving my finger around on the on screen keyboard I'm hearing dot, dot, dot not the name of the key my finger is over. Also I'm not seeing the button on the keyboard for speech. I had it at one point but it has disappeared. In settings I have the use voice typing checked.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Gil

To receive the list as a digest, send an email to vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'set vi-android digest' in the subject (to go back to receiving every message use 'unset vi-android digest' in the subject).

-----
No virus found in this message.