[vi-android] B&N Nook App: I'm undoubtedly doing something wrong.

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 00:06:07 -0400

OK, I'm using the B&N Nook app.

It says in the accessibility tutorial that you can slide your finger down the
screen with explore by touch, then double tap on a line of text to open the
actions menu, then can look up a word in the local dictionary, or on Google.  I
do have the english 35 or so local dictionary installed, yes.  When I look up a
word, it's doing it just fine, but as soon as I hit the web view, whether I
flick, or whether I just slide my finter down the screen, nothing reads.  It
doesn't really get hung, but it just makes that web view swish sound, and won't
go any further within the web view content.  The accessibility doc says you can
do it, which leads me to think they're stating with Talkback, you can do it.

I'm on the most recent version of the Nook app, just installed it not even a
half an hour or so ago.  I'm using KitKat 4.43, and no, this is not a custom
modded rom or anything.  It's just the default Android OS that comes on the
Moto X.  My Nexus 7 tab is also having issues with this though, so I don't
think it's an OS issue per sé.

Chris.