[va-richmond-general] Re: millet

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:34:34 +0000

My overall experience with millet is it attracts the less desirables i.e. house
sparrows, cowbirds,, starlings, pigeons and that crew-I never use it and can
happily say I have never had a House Sparrow in my yard. I almost exclusively
use Black Oil with the other assorted Thistle and Suet feeders. I did put out a
lot of Safflower today and right on cue-in comes a beautiful Male Rose-breasted
Grosbeak!

Julie K.
Chester
From: John Caroline Coe <johncaroline@xxxxxxxx>